Side Event on Food Security at High Level Policy Meeting
A Side Event to the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation on 28 November 2013
This is an open event intended to provide interested participants, possibly including delegates of the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation, with a glimpse of the current and upcoming landscape of bi-regional cooperation initiatives in food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture.
Each of the initiatives participating in the agenda will be explaining how it aims to contribute to improve food security and livelihoods of citizens, the role of science, technology and innovation in achieving the objectives, and the added value of Africa-Europe cooperation.
A half-day event in two sessions by EU and Africa, presenting not more than seven initiatives/talks and based around a discussion with all participants.
SOFITEL Brussels, room Paul Henri Spaak I
Place Jourdan 1, 1040 Brussels
Booths and promo material will be made available.
A networking lunch will be offered to registered participants from 12:30 to 14:00.
Cost and registration
Participation is open and free but due to limited availability of space pre-registration is required: https://hlpd-sideevent.eventbrite.co.uk.
- CAAST-Net Plus: Increasing the Impact of EU-Africa ST&I Cooperation - Food and Nutrition Security
- Platform for African - European Partnership in Agricultural Research for Development
- African Dryland Alliance for Pesticidal Plant Technologies: ADAPPT
- Sub-Saharan Africa Challenge Program: African-European Collaboration on the Use of STI to Reduce Poverty and Improve Livelihoods
- Eco-friendly Management Strategies for Thrips Infesting Grain Legumes in Africa
- Click here to view the full agenda
- Click here to view details on other events happening in Brussels during the week
- Click here to view the draft agenda for a lunchtime seminar on the future of Africa-EU cooperation on 27 November
- Click here for details of the JAES series of lunch-time seminars on the future of EU-Africa cooperation
- Click here to view photographs from this event