Report: Africa-EU Expert Workshop on Social Sciences and Humanities
Held in Bishoftu (DebreZeit) Ethiopia on 3-5 March 2010 a three-day Social Sciences and Humanities Workshop was attended by 28 experts from Africa and the EU.
Experts were chosen based on their expertise in a relatable field and because of their representation of, participation in, or relationship with a larger network, institution, or organisation.
Participants were also selected in order to ensure a wide geographical spread, with a focus on including African participants.
Invited African and European experts were asked to identify and recommend topics for SSH research cooperation that would be ideal for African-European cooperation under the SSH thematic priority of the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7).
The following topics were suggested:
- Urban Governance and Services Delivery
- Social Transformation, Economy and Urban Inequalities
- Migration Causes and Networks and the Role of the Diaspora
- Recover, Archive and Transmit Heritage for Sustainable Development
- Heritage Resources Management and Sustainable Development
- Enhancing Sustainable Development to Combat Poverty and Exclusion through the Utilisation of Heritage
- Viability and Resilience of Agriculture in the Face of Regional and Global Changes
- Sustainability of Land Use and Management in Rural Areas
- Coherence and Coordination of Policy within Multi-level Processes of Rural Development
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.