Eleventh IST-Africa Conference
The event promises to bring together representatives from 50 countries across research and technology organisations from public and private sectors. According to the conference website, the event aims to:
- support the development of the information society and knowledge economy in Africa;
- promote international innovation, research and policy cooperation and coordination;
- showcase African research and innovation capacity; and,
- stimulate the exploitation of research results by the public and private sectors.
IST-Africa 2016 Themes
- Content Technologies: Language, Learning, Digital Preservation
- Cyber Security, Privacy and Trust
- eHealth, mHealth & Health Information Systems
- eGovernment - Services to Citizens & Business
- eInfrastructures, NRENs and IPv6
- Future Internet, Connected Enterprise
- ICT for Agriculture and Environmental Sustainability
- ICT4D (including Humanitarian Technologies)
- ICT for eInclusion and eAccessibility
- ICT Regulatory Frameworks
- Living Labs (Adaptation for Developing Countries)
- Mobile Applications (including mServices, mEducation, Social Networking)
- Next Generation Computing: Big Data, Cloud Computing, Data Localisation, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Open Source Software – Applications
- Technology-enhanced Learning and eSkills
- Societal Implications of Technology
Interested individuals are welcome to submit papers: the deadline for submission of papers is 7 December 2015; early bird registration for the event closes on 21 March 2016.
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to email@example.com. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.