The COHRED Research Fairness Initiative Conference
The Council on Health Research for Development (COHRED) designed the Research Fairness Initiative (RFI) as a collaboration framework that encourages fair opportunities, fair processes, and fair distribution of the benefits of joint research.
It has been endorsed by senior officials from research and development organisations all over the world.
Early adopters from RFI pilot countries will present their experiences of RFI at institutional level and in their international research cooperation activities.
- Inform a critical mass of African and European stakeholders about how the RFI can strengthen bi-regional health research cooperation.
- Increase intra-EU coordination of and support for bi-regional health research cooperation.
- Develop the RFI as a tool to support diverse programmes to more efficiently impact on joint health research priorities.
- Improve the RFI as sustainable collaboration platform to support bi-regional health research cooperation on joint priorities.
Who Should Participate*
- Health research institutions from Africa and Europe
- Funding institutions and programme owners supporting bi-regional health research
*Please note: Participation will be by invitation only. For invited participants, CAAST-Net Plus is able to cover travel costs for one research institution per country.
Contact the Spanish Foundation for International Cooperation, Health and Social Affairs (FCSAI): Katharina Kuss (katharina.kuss[at]gmx.de).
For more information about the RFI, go to http://rfi.cohred.org/.
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to email@example.com. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.