SARIMA Annual Conference Heads to Namibia
According to the conference website, the event is a networking opportunity for "colleagues in the fields of Research Management (RM) and Innovation and Technology Transfer (ITT) and to share experiences." The event further aims to facilitate, promote and strengthen research and innovation management in the Southern African region. The conference will be preceeded by pre-conference workshops on 22 May 2017, including the CAAST-Net Plus workshop on the role of tech-transfer officers in the Knowledge Management and Communication System (KMCS) initiative in partnership with the Research and Innovation Network for Europe and Africa (RINEA) project.
Some of the main sessions taking place during the conference include:
- Solving Africa’s Challenges through Research and Collaboration (23 May, 11:30 - 13:00);
- The Role of Research Management in Data Driven Analytics (23 May, 15:45 - 17:15);
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Challenges and Solutions: Perspectives from the Southern African Region (24 May, 9:00 - 10:30);
- Successful Case Studies of Industry and Research Partnerships (24 May, 11:00 - 12:30);
- University Strategic Plans and Research Management: Aligning Resources with Goals (24 May, 15:30 - 17:00);
- Excellence in Research and Innovation through Gender Equality and Diversity (25 May, 9:00 - 10:00); and,
- Benchmarking in Research Management Offices and Appropriate Metrics (25 May, 10:30 - 11:30).
For more information, send an email to sarima[at]easternsun.co.za. Registration for the conference closes on 17 May 2017.
See announcement on CAAST-Net Plus-RINEA workshop on Challenges and Best Practices in Commercialising Research Results
Read the CAAST-Net Plus-DRUSSA workshop report on Pathways for Research Uptake from the ACU-SARIMA 2015 conference