Knowledge Management and Communication in Food Security and Agriculture to be Discussed in Spain
The workshop aims to bring together key stakeholders who are key in establishing a KMCS, and will be held from 26-27 September 2017 in Lleida, Spain at the occasion of the Plant Inter Cluster meeting. The workshop is part of a series of consultations on the KMCS Initiative. It further aims to:
- Highlight cases of existing portals and actors in Africa and Europe in the field of FNSSA;
- Identify the methodological/technical needs for a joint Africa-EU KMCS;
- Identify communication gaps between existing portals and amongst actors of the FNSSA value chains;
- Identify best practice methods and principals for knowledge sharing and communication strategies for
- research uptake; and,
- Explore tangible long-term options for the implementation of a joint Africa-EU KMCS.
Previous consultations took place in South Africa, Namibia and Egypt between 2016 and 2017.
Findings from the consultations will be encapsulated into a blueprint which will be presented in October 2017 to African and European policymakers, including the Bureau of the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue, the European Commission and the African Union Commission.