CAAST-Net Plus-Supported Food Security Side Event at High Level EU-Africa Science Policy Meeting
This side event takes place alongside the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation (HLPD) in Brussels on 28 November 2013.
It is an open event intended to provide interested participants, possibly including delegates of the HLPD, with a glimpse of the current and upcoming landscape of bi-regional cooperation initiatives in food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture.
Each of the initiatives participating in the agenda will be explaining how it aims to contribute to improve food security and livelihoods of citizens, the role of science, technology and innovation in achieving the objectives, and the added value of Africa-Europe cooperation.
A half-day event in two sessions by EU and Africa, presenting not more than seven initiatives/talks and based around a discussion with all participants.
- Report: Joint EU-Africa Initiatives on the Role of STI in Promoting Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture
- CAAST-Net Plus - Increasing the Impact of EU-Africa STI Cooperation for Food and Nutrition Security
- PAEPARD - Platform for African-European Partnership in Agricultural Research for Development
- ADAPPT - African Dryland Alliance for Pesticidal Plant Technologies
- Sub-Saharan Africa Challenge Program: African-European Collaboration on the Use of STI to Reduce Poverty and Improve Livelihoods
- Eco-friendly Management Strategies for Thrips Infesting Grain Legumes in Africa
Booths and promo material will be made available. A networking lunch will be offered to registered participants from 12h30 to 14h00.
Cost and Registration
Participation is open and free but due to limited availability of space pre-registration is required: https://hlpd-sideevent.eventbrite.co.uk.
- Concept Note
- Other events happening in Brussels during the week
- Draft agenda for a lunchtime seminar on the future of Africa-EU cooperation (27 November 2013)
- Details of the JAES series of lunchtime seminars on the future of EU-Africa cooperation
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.