CAAST-Net Plus, INCONTACT Horizon 2020 Info Day and NCP Training Workshop - Ghana
Their latest effort included last month’s information session on Horizon 2020, held in Accra, Ghana, was attended by close to 80 participants. A follow-up training workshop for National Contact Points (NCPs) attracted 40 participants.
The events were held on 28 and 29 May at the Mensvic Grand Hotel.
[Image credit: CAAST-Net Plus] View more photos from this event
The events covered diverse Horizon 2020 content, including funding opportunities, proposal writing, general rules for Horizon 2020 participation, and issues related to NCPs and NCP country systems.
Day 1 Presentations
- Introduction to Horizon 2020 – S. Hogan, EU Delegation to AU
- Horizon 2020: An Opportunity for Collaboration – S. Hogan, EU Delegation to AU
- Opportunities for African Participation in Horizon 2020 – H. Lemoine, Institute of Research for Development
- CAAST-Net Plus: Strengthening EU-Africa Research Cooperation Partnerships – G. Essegbey, M. Plath, M. Fuseini, C. Vaitsas, CAAST-Net Plus
- Opportunities for Researchers and Research Organisations in Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – K. Kraav, Estonian Research Council
- Opportunities for African Participation in Horizon 2020 – M. Plath, University of Jyvaskla
- Identifying a Possible Call for Horizon 2020 – C. Vaitsas, FORTH/PRAXI Network, Greece
- Horizon 2020 Rules for Participation – H. Lemoine, IRD, France
- Finding Partners for a Horizon 2020 Proposal – C. Vaitsas, Praxi-Forth Network, Greece
- Horizon 2020 Proposal Submission Process – K. Kraav, Estonian Research Council, Estonia
Day 2 Presentations
- Lessons Learned from the South African National Contact Point Network – M. Tlhagale, Department of Science and Technology, South Africa
- Case Study: National Contact Points in Greece – FORTH-Praxi Network – C. Vaitsas, Praxi-Forth Network, Greece
- Roles and Responsibilities of National Contact Points – C. Vaitsas, Praxi-Forth Network, Greece
- Case Study: National Contact Points in Ghana – CSIR-STEPRI – M. Fuseini, CSIR-STEPRI, Ghana
- Case Study: French National Contact Point System – H. Lemoine, IRD, France
- What Makes a Good Proposal – K. Kraav, Estonian Research Council, Estonia
- Supporting International Cooperation under Horizon 2020 – F. Mariani, IRD, France
English-speaking Participant Breakout
- How to Write a Proposal – G. Panagopoulos, Praxi-Forth Network, Greece
French-speaking Participant Breakout
- Formation au Montage de Projets Européen Horizon 2020 – INCONTACT 2020
- Aspects Techniques et Financiers – H. Lemoine, F. Trémège, IRD, France
- Rédiger les Parties scientifiques – INCONTACT 2020
- Rédiger la Partie Impacts – INCONTACT 2020
- Rédiger la Mise en Oeuvre – INCONTACT 2020
- Les parties Administratives et le Budget – INCONACT 2020
Horizon 2020 is the European Union’s €80 billion research and innovation funding instrument.
This series of event were supported the CAAST-Net Plus and INCONTACT 2020 projects in collaboration with the Centre for Scientific and Industrial Research in Ghana, and the European Union Delegation to the African Union.
For more information write to Masahud Fuseini of CSIR-STEPRI (mashud69[at]yahoo.com).
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to email@example.com. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.