CAAST-Net Plus to Attend African Science Minister, Legislator Dialogue on SDGs
The High-Level Dialogue of African Ministers and Legislators on Mobilising Science, Technology and Innovation for Africa’s Sustainable Development Post 2015 will take place in Accra from 7-8 July 2015.
CAAST-Net Plus partners will share findings from the project’s research on Africa-EU food security and climate change research collaboration in two parallel sessions on 7 July.
What We Plan to Present
- Africa-EU Research Collaboration on Food Security: A Critical Analysis of the Scope, Coordination and Uptake of Findings
- Africa-EU Research Collaboration on Climate Change: A Critical Analysis of the Scope, Coordination and Uptake of Findings
- Findings and Recommendations: Transferring Knowledge Into Solutions: Africa‐EU Strategies for Science, Technology and Innovation
The high-level dialogue follows on from a workshop held in Zimbabwe in March 2015.
“Various options for enhancing Africa’s STI post-2015 were discussed and one of the resolutions from this meeting was the facilitation of stakeholder deliberation workshops on specific themes to generate concrete actions for African STI post 2015,” the UNESCO website says.
The Dialogue aims to:
- Find linkages between STI and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Establish funding strategies and opportunities for post-2015 STI development
- Harmonise budgets and objectives between domestic development and SDGs
- Identify synergies and strategies for African STI policies and programmes
- Share lessons and strengthen STI partnerships between African nations
Ghana’s Science Technology Policy Research Institute of the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR-STEPRI), a CAAST-Net Plus partner, is helping to organise the event.
For more information, write to Dr George Owusu Essegbey (Director: CSIR-STEPRI) goessegbey[at]csir-stepri.org.
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to email@example.com. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.