CAAST-Net Plus Food Security Workshop at Africa-Techno Forum
“Our workshop will aim to learn more about the opportunities and challenges faced by innovators in the area of food and nutrition security, while exploring how to better take into account the interests of entrepreneurs in an EU-African Research and Innovation Platform on Food and Nutrition Security”, says Nejma André of France's Institute for Research and Development (IRD).
The workshop will address the following key questions:
- What does innovation in food and nutrition security mean in the African context?
- What possibilities exist for potential collaboration?
- What are the obstacles and opportunities encountered by innovators?
- How can the private sector be involved in Africa-EU food and nutrition security collaboration?
- What are the challenges and opportunities of Inter Partes Review-Patenting in the food and nutrition security sector?
The event is organised by the CAAST-Net Plus partner IRD, and is held in conjunction with the Africa Techno Forum taking place from 23-27 November in Johannesburg and Pretoria.
Follow @CAAST_Net_Plus for live updates from the workshop.
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.