CAAST-Net Plus Workshop on Climate Change Adaptation in Agriculture
The goal of the gathering was to generate ideas for joint bi-regional research with a view to producing innovative approaches – services and commodities – for agricultural adaptation to climate change effects.
"The role of CAAST Net Plus is to bring together research institutions and financing bodies in Europe and Africa, broker and facilitate collaboration," said organiser Dr Arne Tostensen representing the Research Council of Norway.
"We have heard in this workshop how cooperation between South and North can help regional collaboration in Africa. Ideally this kind of tripartite collaboration has the potential to produce the best knowledge and contribute to more sustainable capacity building."
Read workshop article by Kristen Ulstein of the Research Council of Norway
- Climate Change Adaptation in Agriculture: CAAST-Net Plus Workshop Introduction - Dr Arne Tostensen, Research Council of Norway
- Climate-Smart Agriculture - Prof. C.E. Van t’Klooster, Wageningen UR, The Netherlands
- Climate Change Affects Agriculture (and Vice Versa) - Benjamin de Ridder, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Agro-Forestry and Climate Change Adaptation - Dr Mark Appiah, University of Eastern Finland & CSIR Forestry Research Institute, Ghana
- Climate Change in Agriculture and Food Security Platforms - Dr Naaminong Karbo, Animal Research Institute, Ghana
- Climate Change and Agriculture: The Water Factor - Dr Barnabas Amisigo, Water Research Institute, Ghana
- Climate Change and Adaptation: The Technology and Innovation Perspectives - Dr Emmanuel Takyi Obeng, Environmental Protection Agency, Ghana
- WASCAL Programme Experiences - Wilson Agyei Agyare, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
- Climate Change and Agriculture: Potential for Research Collaboration - Dr Ohene Yankyera, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana
The event was organised to coincide with a CAAST-Net Plus training workshop on Horizon 2020 and National Contact Points.
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to email@example.com. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.