EDCTP2 Announces 2016 Funding Calls, Launches Consultation
Apply for EDCTP2 Funding
Research calls worth €138.6 million have been launched by EDCTP2 following the approval of its 2016 work plan, a recent EDCTP announcement says.
Calls cover the following areas:
- €70 million: Vaccines for poverty-related diseases
- €10 million: Research and clinical management of patients in PRD epidemics in sub-Saharan Africa
- €28 million: Strategic actions supporting large-scale clinical trials
- €10 million: Clinical trials and operational research studies to optimise the use of products for poverty-related diseases in mothers, newborns, children and/or adolescents
- €2 million: Ethics and regulatory capacities
- €3.5 million: EDCTP-WHO/TDR Clinical Research and Development Fellowships
- €3 million: Senior Fellowships
- €2.1 million: Career Development Fellowships
Have Your Say
"The purpose of this consultation is to invite the views and opinions of stakeholders, experts active in the field and the wider public on the implementation of the EDCTP2 Programme during the first three years of operation (2014-2016)," a notice posted on the European Commission's website says.
"These views and opinions will contribute to the interim evaluation of the EDCTP2 programme, carried out by the European Commission with the assistance of independent experts. The objective of the interim evaluation is to assess the implementation of the EDCTP2 programme up to the present moment; to judge how recommendations from previous evaluations have been implemented; and to provide an outlook on what can be expected from EDCTP2 in the future."
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to email@example.com. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.