CAAST-Net Plus Regional Workshop on Climate Change in East Africa
"The workshop was very well attended with scientists and policy-makers representing each country in East Africa together with European experts and officials as well as the regional groupings of COMESA and EAC secretariats,” said Michael Hughes of Rwanda’s Ministry of Education.
"There was consensus on the findings from the CAAST-Net Plus analytical report presented at the workshop, and many proposals on how to build capacity and ownership among countries in the region to fully participate as equal partners in joint research projects funded through the EU’s framework programmes."
- ACODE Work on Climate Change Policy - Dr Ronald Naluwairo, Makerere University
- Big Data and Role of Modelling in Delivering Innovative Insurance Products - Dr Patrick McSharry, University of Oxford
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Strategies in Kenya - Prof. Daniel O. Olago from Kenya's Institute for Climate Change & Adaptation, University of Nairobi
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Strategies in Rwanda - Faustin Munyazikwiye, Rwanda Environment Management Authority
- FONERWA: Rwanda's National Climate Change and Environment Fund - Rwanda Ministry of Education
- Climate Change Research and Innovation at Uganda's Makerere University - Dr Justine Namaalwa Jjumba, Makerere University
- Climate Change Threats to Biodiversity in Burundi - Benjamin Sezibera, Burundi's Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Climate Data in Tanzania - Sarah Emerald Osima, Tanzania Meteorological Agency
- Global Framework for Climate Services - Elijah Mukhala, Kenya Office of the World Meteorological Organization
- Livestock Risks and Vulnerabilities in the Horn of Africa - Caroline Agosa Kirungu, IGAD Center for Pastoral Area and Livestock Development
- Overview of Climate Change Studies in Tanzania - Prof. JHY Katima, from the University of Dar es Salaam
- Tanzania-Denmark Collaborative Approach to Climate Projections for East Africa - Dr Martin Stendel, Danish Climate Centre
- The Rwanda Climate Observatory Project - Michael Hughes, Rwanda Ministry of Education, and Jimmy Gasore, MIT Center for Global Change Science
The workshop, which took place from 28-30 May 2014, was hosted by MINEDUC, with support from the Research Council of Norway and the UNEP- DTU Partnership (previously UNEP Riso Centre).
This content was produced by *Research Africa for CAAST-Net Plus. To report an error, write to email@example.com. To learn more about us, go to www.researchresearch.com/africa.
Disclaimer: CAAST-Net Plus is funded by the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n0 311806. This document reflects only the authors’ views and the European Union cannot be held liable for any use that may be made of the information contained herein.